Background

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Weight-loss, spiders and diapers

Well, I am so happy to report that I am down two more pounds. It seems that I lose weight in twos. Like the animals in Noah's Ark, my weight goes marching off two by two by two!! I am bumping up my cardio and tightening up the diet a bit so that I might get some better results. Doing cardio 4 days a week has reminded me of something, I am not and never will be a runner. It is not for lack of desire. I would love to know what it feels like after a long run through a beautiful park, or down the beach but alas, I will never experience that. My body is incapable of running. I mean I played soccer forever and that is a lot of running. I think my problem is that when I run, my brain is not stimulated and so I run slow. Let me give you a better idea of what I mean by slow. If you took a turtle and put it in a puddle of peanut butter and then poured molasses on it and watched it try and walk out...Well, that is the speed I'm talking about when I say "I run slow". This accurately describes my attempt at going for a run...

Now on to the spider situation. When I work out I sweat. I mean buckets of sweat. Like I have to carry a towel around with me I sweat that much. So the other day I'm on the stationary bike just killing it!! I was sweating buckets and I was watching a racquetball game in front of me and I was really in the groove of working out UNTIL.... I felt a spider crawling down my arm. Now if you know me and spiders then you know my reaction was not a bit reserved!! I freaked out, almost flipped the bike trying to get off while smacking the mess out of my arm. Once I settled down and came back to my senses, I realized that the "spider" was my own sweat running down my arm. I felt like the biggest goober ever!! So NOW I not only wipe my face off as I work out but I also wipe my arms off!! 

Now on to the important stuff of diapers. So I have a sweet little 15mo old boy we affectionally call Small Fry. I take Small Fry with me to the gym everyday and he absolutely loves it!! There is this super soft and squishy lady that works in the daycare that SF loves to love on. She loves SF loving on her too. So my workout takes about an hour or so and it never fails that right smack in the middle of my workout that I get a paige over the intercom "Mrs. Reynolds, you are needed in childcare". Everyday that kid takes a poopie and they page me to come and change it!! Err day y'all! 

All of this to say that my progress is still slow, my workouts don't fit into the typical girl workout things to do and sometimes I make an absolute fool out of myself. That is ok because I am not there for anyone else but me. I am doing what MY body needs to lose weight and if I can't be an awesome runner then I am going to be an awesome stationary bike rider, spin class member and elliptical rocker!! Well, maybe not elliptical rocker. I'm not a big fan of the elliptical.

Till next time... Be Strong and Live Better

No comments:

Post a Comment